Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Kitchen Reno Wish List

When we first moved in we knew our kitchen was gonna have to be done. Doug thought we could just change the door faces and get a new counter top and that would be good enough!! I KNEW BETTER!!! I Knew if we were gonna redo it I wanted what I wanted!! So I started to make a list of all the WISHES I wanted for my kitchen. It didn't mean I was gonna get all of them but it gave me an idea of what was important to me and helped me figure out my needs, wants and the overall design I was going for. My list was filled with EVERYTHING!!!! And I mean EVERYTHING!!! Any thing I thought was cool, neat, practical it made it on there. it looked something like this

  1. Big sink
  2. bread garage
  3. island
  4. electric plug on island
  5. under counter lights
  6. computer/tv/ internet for online recipes
  7. heated floors
  8. heat ducting coming out from under the kitchen sink ( so my feet would be warm in the winter while doing dishes)
  9. sink waste disposal
  10. in house vacuum with a suction hole some where in the kitchen for sweeping the floor and not using a dust pan
  11. wine storage
  12. potatoes/onion storage
  13. recycle storage
  14. water tap behind the stove
  15. more drawers instead of doors for full easy cupboard access
  16. flip down soap tray
  17. built in knife holder
  18. place for cookie sheets
  19. place for spices
  20. slam free doors and drawers
  21. pantry area
  22. lower lazy susan with flip in doors
  23. foot pump garbage can slide out door for under kitchen sink
  24. some where for my phone/ and phone book/address book
  25. wine cooler
  26. frosted glass doors 
  27. niches for display stuff
  28. drop down recipe book holder
  29. some place to store my toaster.... hate stuff on the counters!!
  30. dimmers on all the lights
  31. tiled back splash
  32. high def or granite counter tops
  33. cleaning supply area

Thats pretty close to the original list...... and in all honesty theres not much that we didn't keep! Some things aren't in place yet but we do have plans for them.  I'll tell yeah what we gave up and what we kept and how we decided next!! time for some sleep.... need to dream about what I wanna do to our yard! Sure would be nice to win a piece of that 40 million!! Sweet dreams all

No comments: