Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Kids Rooms

One of my most viewed post is how I rebuilt Kalis closet..... it gets a ton of hits because of Laura over at Orgjunkie

Infact I think this one post accounts for pretty much any traffic that comes here!!LOL I don't care I have always LOVED talking to myself!!! its how I get things done!! Plus its not weird, I'm a Gemini!!! I pretty much have to tell the other half of me whats going on! 

I added in here to save you from blog page hopping!!


So as you all know we've been working hard at getting Kalis room together and her moved over so we can work on Parkers room and have it done before his arrival!!!( I hope)


So heres a before shot of the closet with all sorts of stuff in it!!! theres empty shots of the closet....it was functional but not what I would say fully used. Kali being a girl needs a closet she can grow into.. there was no place for long dresses and a huge upper shelve that just was not being fully used to its potential!! I have to say I love to design closet spaces and get the most use out of them. So hope you enjoy the photos.
If you are designing a new closet space figure out what all you want to put into it and work with what else you could use the space for and design accordingly. I spent under forty bucks to do this space. I reused the old stuff that was in there just cut it down with a table saw to sizes that better suited me and bought two new pieces, used the scrap from the one I cut down and built the middle top piece to size cuz it was an odd size that I couldn't buy. I did all on my own... Doug doesn't like doing closets...plus I find I have an idea of how I want it and its better if I go with it he'd want to revamp my idea....so if I can do this on my own SO CAN YOU!!!!!!



PS Papa if you are reading this I made a nice small shelve on the bottom for you to make Kali a Jewelery drawer...Phone me and I'll get you measurements...just white melamine board or if you wanna get fancy you could make one that pulls out and she could take it with her after.





Heres a post on Parkers Room and Closet!!( or read below) I really need to update some pictures of his room.....hes now in a toddler bed, and the nursing pillow I'm glad to report has been long gone!

So like I said I've been BUSY BUSY BUSY.... Parkers room is mostly together, just have the closet doors to paint and the bedroom door to paint and hang!! oh yeah and to put PT in his room so he can enjoy it!! Not much time left!! I still have to pack my hospital bag!! LOL I know I know I gotta get on that!! Plus Doug and I still have to set up a bed for Dougs parents who will be arriving somewhere around the 19th!! Looking forward to having some company and some extra HELP!!!! LOL

Heres PT's room ....it looks soooooo empty compared to Kalis, in time it'll get filled!! ( probably overfilled!!)


The Nursing station, rocking and reading....and maybe even my bed some nights!!

Parkers closet...... looks sooooooo empty compared to Kalis!! But a girlfriend Stacey whos son Brett was born the same month 2 years ago has some hand me downs for Parker!! Should fill it up real soon!!

This will be the changing station, theres lights built into the bookcase that have a dimmer on it. I just LOVE this crib set my mom and little bro picked out!!

PT's BIG BED..... I Love these crib to college beds, Kalis is one too!! it'll convert to a day bed then to a double bed and back to a crib if they want it to for their kids!! Great Uncle Bill made the toy box in the corner for Kali but It looks better in Parkers room so they'll have to SHARE!!!


So what do you think???


No comments: