I don't know if we will get a chance to build a tree fort /play set this year but I am definitely excited about figuring out what to build and where!!
so here goes my wish list for their fort
- Two or three level area including the ground level
- two swings
- two slides..... a lil one was given to us that we could use.
- a rock climbing wall
- a straight bar for hanging upside down on
- rings / monkey bar
- net ladder or fire pole
- bucket on a rope for lifting stuff up to the top of the tree fort
- a zip line not sure if we have a place for that but I think that would be a gas!!
- a roofed in area/fort with electricity lights and a plug
- Doug has an old front grill from a jeep I'd like to incorporate.
- We have a sign from Dougs Granny I'd hang somewhere, even though it says Granny's House I think it'd be cool out there. We have a few other signs that might work.
- a lil flower box under the windows
- a sand box area
- be nice to have a area to put a baby pool under the slide and a water hose down the slide for some summer fun on hot days.
- A water cannon would be great for the kids but not so great for us sooooo I think I'll nix that.
Is my list too massive!! whats that saying go big or go home!! I figure my kids are young enough that they will get years and years of play out of this. Plus us being in a more rural area I think they would use it longer than some other kids cuz there no other real place for them to go to out here.
Its probably the last thing Doug even wants to look at this year as we have soooooo much other yard work to get done. This, I'm excited for, the other stuff is just work... thinking and designing this makes me feel like a kid again!! Again I got sooooooo many ideas from Barbara Butler!!! Go check out some of her stuff..... I guarantee you'll spend some time on her web page.